You have two options for uploading a WordPress theme. You can either use the built-in WordPress uploader or use FTP.
Installing with the Built-in Uploader
- Download the
.zipfile to your computer.
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Install Themes in your WordPress admin.
- Click on the “Add New” link near the top.
- Then click on the “Upload Theme” link.
- You should then see an option to select the theme zip from your computer and upload.
- Once installed, you can activate the theme and use it for your WordPress installation.
Installing the theme via FTP
- Unzip the
theme-name.zipfile to your computer.
- Upload the
theme-namefolder to your
wp-content/themesdirectory on your WordPress install using your preferred FTP software.
- Go to Appearance > Themes and activate the theme.