Ravintola is a WordPress theme designed for restaurants, cafes, and small business websites.
- integration with the Restaurant plugin for creating and managing restaurant menu items (read more about the plugin here)
- theme options
- 2 custom menu locations
- menu icons
- responsive (mobile friendly), clutter-free layout
- RTL (right-to-left) language support
- a Showcase page template for displaying business information
- a unique About page template
- integration with Clean My Archives plugin (view sample archives page here)
Ravintola is released with few changes since the previews — posted earlier.
- Improved Comments Template Design: The comments styling looked fine in the preview screenshots because I used filler content that were uniformed/unrealistic. When I was coding the comments area, it looked off balance so I had to redesign it.
- No Jigoshop Integration: Initially, I wanted to integrate the Jigoshop Ecommerce plugin, but I doubt the majority of this theme’s audience would need it. I’ll see whether to integrate Jigoshop from the users’ responses.
Awesome work! I’m still finalizing a few things for the Restaurant plugin and putting together the release post. It will definitely be on WordPress.org today.
I forgot to re-use your social menu CSS though. Gonna have to add that in.
Yeah, I actually noticed that when reading through the docs. I wasn’t even aware of it when I was looking over the theme itself.
K. Theme, docs, and demo are updated with latest menu icon CSS.
It looks great :)
Hi Tung, this themes looks great, just one question though… In looking over the social icons list, I didn’t see one for Yelp. For U.S. restaurants, this is definitely a must-have option. Is there an easy way to add this? Thanks again, looking forward to trying this out soon!
The icon fonts are from FontAwesome. I don’t think that font package has Yelp yet.
Will there be any updates on DP Dashboard?
In the future? Yes. Right now? No. When? No estimates. Also, every time WordPress core makes big admin changes, it takes longer for DP Dashboard to catch up.
My focus is on themes now because the majority of DevPress members want themes. Only a few of us uses DP Dashboard.
Good to see you back on track!
I am from Holland. My businesspartner Mariken works with your theme and the plugin for restaurants. We have a problem with the showcasetemplate. Most of the mayor parts are customizable by the admin/theme/customize. But not the attached images. We put them in the wysiswyg, but in that case they are not to remove. After saving they stay in place. Only by deleting they are gone. Is there a certain place to put them so they can be customizable? Is this maybe a mistake in the php-code?
Hi Rob. Sorry I didn’t see your comment earlier. This is not a mistake. Info on how to set up your showcase template is available on the Ravintola documentations page.
If you don’t have an account to access the documentations, consider getting one here.
It is such an amazing template. Perfect for my needs.